Saturday, January 3, 2009

a year in review... through photos



A new year has arrived, leaving behind a difficult one for many. It wasn't one of my best years to say the least, but in taking a few moments to reflect on what I am thankful for, I was able to put together some beautiful images of the past tumultuous year.

I hiked up Mt. Baldy in January to stay overnight in the Sierra Club's cabin. I toured our nation's amazing capital while on vacation. I visited a dear friend in Tennessee, a new state visited. I played at the magical kingdom with my Little Sister, which was quite a treat for all. I stood in admiration above the Grand Canyon, truly one of nature's many miracles. Words and pictures cannot capture the awe and mystery of this magnificent place. I paused to watch the sun set over Catalina Island. I spent time with my parents in serene New Mexico, and met the new family dog.

Though the path was difficult last year, there were some amazing stops along the way that added beauty to the mix of difficulties. I hope that this new year holds many new blessings for everyone.

Photos (c) Jennifer L Moudy

No comments:

Post a Comment